Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Text For Walima Invitation Card

there are times when it is best to stay unplugged

is so easy to write poetry and so hard to be a poet, is now so easy to edit a book of poetry and so difficult to survive with dignity at this time, however we grown accustomed to it so that we do not notice or at least pretend to very good way not to notice and always when we read poetry we asked whether our answer is yes, although deep down we know it is not just a question of maintaining the appearance, to avoid being seen as not doing so shallow. For a while I gave myself the task of thinking, and indeed, for these things to happen without that we notice, so long ago I do not read poetry, and if I read it is always the same, a constant returning to the books I really have set and achieved them hard to put together a top ten, but which always manage to reach that peak which is supposed to be reached when reading a poem, something that I was going home very often, but in Today more I read and read can not find anything other than a long string of words with which delusional unable to connect. literature in its early poetry was always handle within which the human being was a refuge or a way to express their bewilderment at life, read others, and a more sublime way, those little things that make life and that it was impossible to explain or communicate clear that the long space that has become the dominant pop music today sounds much cooler to give away a CD with a collection of poems, and so convey that idea, or those feelings in the best case, we try to move a particular person. But the technology has been catching them all, even that of the radio call to devote a theme, like that old song, deprecated, it is more convenient to send an mp3 via MSN, and thereby maintain bond, but so what remains of the poetry, I think it is the abstract sense, that has been lost, that they like everything today has been trivialized, and that is perhaps what I seek and I find in each and every one of those poems that are published today in industrial quantities and are left in dusty cellars and is perhaps equally away from it all what I want to reconnect with each one of those old writers that make my small inventory of favorite poets, poetic little time elapse without a doubt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment